Internship | Economic Consulting (f/m/d) | August 2021
About DIW Econ
DIW Econ is the consulting company of the German Institute for Economic Research in Berlin (DIW Berlin). We support and advise national and international clients from politics and business on economic issues based on applied economic research.
- Varied activity in interesting research and consulting projects on the whole range of socially relevant topics from business and politics
- Close ties to DIW Berlin scientists and participation in in-house events on current topics of applied research
- Exciting interface between research and policy advice
- During the internship you will be introduced to your work by experienced employees
- Easily accessible office in the heart of Berlin
- Participation in current consulting projects
- Literature research, data research and data preparation
- Support in the analysis of economic issues
- You work project-oriented in a team with flat hierarchies
- In the Master’s programme or shortly before the end of the Bachelor’s programme in economics, business administration or a related field
- Enrolment at a university
- Internship prescribed in the study or examination regulations or voluntary internship for career orientation
- Strong interest and understanding of micro and/or macroeconomic issues
- Number affinity is an advantage
- Initial knowledge of statistics, econometrics and data analysis as well as basic knowledge of statistics software would be an advantage
- Independent working, high degree of reliability, accuracy
- Experienced handling of MS Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Good written and spoken German and English
The conclusion of an internship agreement requires that you are enrolled as a student and that the study or examination regulations of your degree programme provide for compulsory internships or (voluntary) internships for career orientation, which last a maximum of 3 months. We cannot consider applicants who have completed a Master’s degree for an internship.
Please send your application with cover letter, curriculum vitae and all relevant documents and possible starting date by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at +43 30-20 60 972-0.